Tuesday 19 November 2013

Fabric Tsunami

So....this happened:

This USED to be a stack of fabric...on top of another stack of fabric...with some fabric as a garnish on top.
I was hanging out, chillfully (like cheerfully, only more relaxed) reading a book and I heard a crash.  After I got over the initial trauma of believing I was the victim of a horrible home invasion, I found the source of the sound.  There had been a fabric tsunami which swept through my closet and left a horrible mess in its aftermath.  Boo.  Something to clean up.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love fabric?  Like love.  L-O-V-E.  Like I love it so much I subscribe to newsletters on-line which highlight the new fabric lines coming out for me.  I walk into a store and can sorta tell how old the stock is based on the fabric.  I have a problem.  I didn't know it was a problem until my storage solution collapsed.  Literally caved under the weight of metres and metres of fabric I bought - not for a particular project (or series of projects) - but for the sheer joy of being able to look at how pretty it is.

When I finally mustered the courage to tackle that pile I got this:
Looking at these piles of fabric stacked on other piles of fabric, makes me a little ashamed of myself.  However, that's not the worst of it.  And by the worst of it, I mean all of it. 
More fabric.  I can't even reach the top of the pile without standing on the chair.   
Maybe I need to go on a fabric fast like my friend L.  Or maybe I just need to have a custom closet solution installed.  Hmm....I pick option number two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment