Wednesday 22 May 2013

I made a shirt!

A couple Saturdays ago, I hooked up with a quilty friend of mine, Marie.  Some time back in March she had offered to teach me how to garment sew and we finally reached the date we had pre-arranged.  Now, I've made quilts, but I had never sewn a garment.  I figured this was excellent timing, given that I would be sewing that competition suit around the same time and could (hopefully) apply some of her pointers.

We picked out the pattern and fabric (from the clearance section - yay!) on Friday night and hung out all day on Saturday while she taught me what to do and cooked me a delicious salmon lunch.  I have to admit, when things started to look like this....
...I didn't think there was much hope for me.  Cutting patterns is WAY different than cutting randomly sized rectangles and squares for quilts!

Anyhoo, after the awesomeness of finishing the competition suit, I was able to finish up the work I had started on that Saturday.  I finished putting the binding on the arm holes, sewed the sides, and then hemmed the bottom.  And Voila!

I made a shirt!  Not gonna lie, people.  I bragged about this bad boy EVERYWHERE today.  Ha.

1 comment:

  1. The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks even more beautiful on!

    ReplyDelete