Sunday 28 April 2013

Life, post Ugly Quilt

I finally got around to working on something that I promised myself I wouldn't touch until good old Keystone Lodge was done (did I mention that it leaves to its forever home on Friday?).  It was the small version of the practice block for Don't Call Me Betsy's Lucky Stars BOM.  Like all months previous, I had made the big version already.  Also like the others, I was determined to make the small version from the large version's scraps rather than waste a ton of fabric by cutting out for the small as well.  Lets call that a lesson learned through experience after the first month.   You know what that means though -- for the last month I have been sitting and sewing with a random pile of scraps next to my machine....that I couldn't touch or clean up or throw out.  For those of you who know me, you can imagine how annoying that was.

Well....good news!  Today, I made the little version.

This is it in progress - I overlayed the little onto the big while I was sewing to keep track of what went where.
I STILL have scraps left over!  Not too bad though.  You can just imagine the waste if I had cut out pieces for the small instead of just using scraps.

And finally, because its so pretty and I want to love it forever - here is some fabric I picked up at the Creative Festival's Spring show.  Its from a local online shop called The FabricSpot.  I discovered this awesome shop at their booth -- the fabrics were right up my alley!  Not that I want to go on and on about this place but they have free Canadian shipping if your order is more than $100 and flat rate $5.99 shipping otherwise.  Yay!  Anyhoo, I think I might be in love.  Its from Tula Pink's Birds and the Bees collection.

I love the purpley-bluey mix.
Well, time to cook for the week.  I'd rather be sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment