Saturday 9 February 2013

I finished!!!

One of my closest friends is Chinese and her mom is very superstitious.  So, in order to ring in the Year of the Snake with the best chances for a good year, today I was supposed to clean.  I cleaned my house, did all my laundry and even washed my bed sheets!  Then, I was ready to get back to work.  I wanted to finish the newly renamed 'Keystone Lodge.'  Mostly because I'm kind of excited to get started on the Lucky Stars BOM!

So I got to work.  By about 6 I had all the circles raw-edge appliqued onto the blocks and after taking a laundry break, I had the main part of the top together by about 9.  Here she is:

Its not AS bad once its together - it has more cohesiveness than the separate random blocks
 After I got the top together, I figured, if I gave it a little more effort, I could probably get the borders on by 10:30ish.  So I persevered and got them on before calling it a day:

That's it!  The top is finished.  I'm very glad to be done.  Still not something I would pick out for myself but I can see the bigger picture now and its not horrible.
It was a bit of a struggle towards the end.  You see, I have a very spoiled old dog who is blind.  In his world, if I'm not touching him, then clearly I am right out of existence and if he isn't included, then he thinks I don't love him.  So, instead of parking it on the couch like a good boy, he gets underfoot.  He laid down in front of the ironing board and then under the desk right where my peddle is - there was a small stitch ripping episode before I banished him to the hallway.

This is Moosh
Anyhoo - now that Keystone Lodge is out of the way and I had a break to peek out to my LQS, I'm ready to start my Lucky Stars BOM!  Yay!  Check out my fabric selections:

Mostly Tula Pink's Prince Charming fabric with some other blenders thrown in for good measure.
Woohoo!  Lets see what kind of trouble I can get in tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Keystone Lodge looks nice finished. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your selections for your BOM. How could you kick poor Moosh out into the hall? Poor baby. Oh, and I saw some fabric on Pink Castle Fabrics that made me think of Keystone Lodge. It is fabric meant to look like real wood. LOL. You did say hunting lodge...

    ReplyDelete