Saturday 26 January 2013

Work in progress

I was working diligently on a quilt for a friend for Christmas.  However, I was also working on five other projects for other folks for Christmas so hers got pushed to the back burner.  Yikes!  I still haven't found the motivation to go back at the machine quilting which is over half way done!  Yup, I too am disappointed in myself.  I know if I went to town on it, I would be done by the end of the weekend.  For some strange reason though, other projects are calling my name.  Loudly.  And repeatedly.  :)

Here's a couple of shots as to the progress.  Maybe posting it up will motivate me to finish!
It was a Yellow Brick Road pattern done with really beautiful and calming Amy Butler fabrics from her Midwest Modern line. This is it getting spray-basted on my living room floor.

And a close-up of my second attempt at Free-Motion quilting.  This one is smaller and more dense than the last one I tried.  I used a variegated thread that ranges from a sea-foam green to white.  It looks really cool.


I.  Will.  Finish.

1 comment: